The Victoria Multicultural Business Connector (VMBC) is a group of professional immigrants & business owners in Victoria B.C. that is committed to establishing multicultural incubators and opportunities for professionals. VMBC has created a platform for Victoria’s immigrants to flourish their ideas into reality and help them to overcome obstacles. VMBC assists immigrants to find their path to success.
Paid Research Opportunity for Permanent Residents
We’d like to share information about a paid focus group and survey available for Canadian Permanent Residents (PR).
Douglas College would like to engage 30 Permanent Residents and Refugees and members of VMBC in their Virtual REACH research project. The purpose of the research is to investigate if more funding and programming is needed in smaller BC communities to ensure that immigrants achieve their career goals.
The event will take place in September 2022 on Zoom. It will be hosted by Douglas College and the Social Research and Demonstration Corporation (SRDC).
Benefits to newcomers serving organizations:
- if this research project is a success, it will demonstrate the need for more funding for employment and training programs in your region
- they can inform SRDC about the needs of local immigrants and any gaps in service
- they can share their wish list for future government-funded programs
Benefits to immigrants:
- share their newcomer experiences with researcher partners
- receive $100 for a 3-hour online discussion
- earn a Volunteer Certificate from Douglas College
- improve their skills for success, employability, and communication skills (if they take the entire program)
- borrow a new laptop
- advance in their career journey and earn up to $400 in cash bonuses
For more information on how to sign up for this research please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other upcoming events visit our Event Page.
VMBC Networking events are open (but not limited) to:
- Business owners, entrepreneurs, investors, sponsors
- Volunteers, and people looking to gain Canadian experience.
- Engineers, architects, and technicians
- Doctors, practitioners, lawyers
- Advisors, consultants, professionals
VMBC members enjoy the benefits to:
- Introducing and sharing ideas, products, expertise, and services
- Building a great and influential network
- Find partners, investors
- Easily overcome obstacles
The foreign exposure and operations in Victoria are constantly increasing, yet the common hardships; such as, lack of local knowledge, networking, funds, etc. still prevail. VMBC aims to address the questions or concerns of foreigners, who are business owners or planning to establish their businesses or; all professionals trying to break into the professional job market.
Surrounded by volunteers, professionals, sponsors and investors from a variety of sectors, information and networks are constantly refreshed and available.
Click here to visit our Facebook page